Thursday, January 21, 2016

Know Thyself

"I know that I know nothing" - Socrates

SBCC's sunrise is my favorite view
I'm hoping everyone is enjoying their time back at school and getting all of their homework done. I've surprisingly been able to keep up with my school work but that means I'm a bit behind on my sleep. At this moment I'm hoping my doctor doesn't read this and I want all of you to promise you're not going to tell him. This semester I'm taking some really interesting classes and even though I've only been at school for two days I'm really excited for the things I get to do this semester. I'm taking psychology, anthropology, and philosophy on campus Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Marketing and Library 101 online. If you see me on campus you can say hi to me and I'll probably ignore you or make you feel awkward and then walk away but feel free to try anyway. 


First day jitters and I stumbled upon this


I know it's only the first week of classes but I've managed to stay on top of things and even get 100% on a couple of my quizzes. Although my schedule between work and school is ridiculous right now, I think that I am going to do a good job keeping up and getting good grades. With new additions coming into my life I really want to kick it up a notch to show myself what I'm capable of . And to especially show those who told me that I couldn't do it that I can still go above the expectations I had originally set for myself. 


This is the first semester where I have had classes with 100+ people in it, it's actually comforting in a way because I am the worst with class participation and now there are like at least 80 people who will add to the discussion so I don't have to. I know that I keep saying that I'm going to try and make friends but honestly most of my friends are the people I met in kindergarten. 

They're in love with each other

I included a little quote from Socrates that we discussed in my Philosophy class today. This is the first teacher that I've ever had to teach me that I'm actually stupid and ignorant and I don't really know anything. It made me feel better, in a weird way, that this professor is kind of starting us off with the reassurance that we don't need to know it all and that just takes so much pressure off of your shoulders.  I'm sorry this post is such a jumbled mess, I wanted to include everything without an overwhelming amount of information. Once again I'm just really excited to be back at school and doing the things I enjoy even if it means I'm never going to sleep again. This is only my second post of the semester so hang tight for all the fun stuff to come! Catch up on last weeks post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment