Saturday, February 20, 2016

Library 101

I'm turning into one of those people
Anyone at SBCC has probably taken this class or its equivalent (English 120). If you haven't take either of these then you most likely will before you graduate or transfer. I'm taking this class because I didn't pass it my first semester while in English 110. Library 101 is one unit course that lasts six weeks. It mainly focuses on information research and how we can apply these skills in real life and in the classroom.

I would consider myself a good researcher already but this class has helped me develop these skills further. One thing I could NOT do before was a works cited. I would literally skip it in high school and make sure the written portion of my grade was high enough to make up for these lost points. Obviously this is unavoidable in college. A great resource that I use for citations is Purdue OWL, it can help you write the correct citation in the correct format for literally everything. I learned about this website my first semester and I've lived by it, I always double check my citations with the help of this site. This is probably the most helpful thing I've gotten out of this class.

She likes to judge me from afar


Honestly this class can be tedious but it's only six weeks long and it really benefits you in the long run. It gives you the information you'll need later in college and it's better to learn now than to struggle later. I wish it was a on campus class just because I personally do better in the classroom but the cool thing is all the librarians are experts on this stuff so if you ever get stuck there's people there and ready to help you.

Don't procrastinate like I did, this isn't a class you should have to take twice. 

Update: I just hit 6 months and I just really want to sleep. You can read my previous blog post here and until next time!



XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment