Friday, February 5, 2016

Coming Back Strong

A happy belated birthday to my nephew
I think I might have made a friend, it all started with sitting next to someone random in my Philosophy class and then he asked me a question and I answered him AND THEN he fist bumped me. Now this has never happened to me with a stranger before, it rarely happens with people I'm fairly acquainted with. I like to sit on the outside of a row because Delilah decides when I need to go to the bathroom. So when I went into class this week I sat in the only empty last row seat and I happened to sit next to the same guy. We chatted and it turned out he went to high school with people I had previously gone to school with. Our friendship hasn't been defined and I don't even know if he knows my name but it's the best I've done in three semesters.

I LOVE being back at school! I know I complain about being tired all the time and I may not look very happy but it feels really good to live a life outside of work and my room. I'm doing really well in all of my classes but I'm surprisingly doing better in Philosophy than Psychology. I really thought I was going to do better in Psychology because it's full of more definite information. There is more facts and certain research rather than Philosophy which is full of questions and questions questioning those questions. Once there is an answer with factual evidence and justified truth it's not really Philosophy anymore. I think I'm doing so well because I've always questioned everything. My poor mom has put up with 20 years of me questioning everything she ever did or said. Both of the classes are really interesting so I highly recommend both of them. I really enjoy classes that present challenges and make you think long after you've left class. After school I always call my sister and ask her what how she feels about certain things I've learned day and what she thinks. I like to hear the perspectives from outside of the classroom and I think it really helps me understand and comprehend the information better.

I literally cry all the time because
he is so cute
A quick update on me and the baby is that we are literally perfect. I'm not acting full of myself again...my doctor has only been using those words to describe our progress and he's been very impressed with how well I'm doing. I've had a lot of trouble gaining weight and maintaining any of the weight I have gained but I'm proud to say that I've gained almost 1.5 pounds. It was a lot of hard work and A LOT of eating to get this far. If anyone ever sees me and wants to buy me chili cheese fries I am more than down (just fyi). 


You can read my last blog post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment