Thursday, May 7, 2015

Stay Inspired


"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible;
and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Ending the semester strong
(what a familiar title)
I think one of the hardest things in life is staying motivated and allowing yourself to move forward. Most of the time our minds hold us back before we can fully process an idea and try to make it happen. Most people look at things in a negative before they can think of the positive aspects. I know that I'm guilty of putting myself down before even trying something new or giving something a second chance.

College has been one of the best experiences of my life. I've tried to keep myself positive and uplifted but there have been days when I've looked in the mirror and thought "It would be so easy to quit, my life would be so easier right now if I just quit". Going to class and being present is hard, doing all of my homework and understanding all the material is hard. But if I don't do these hard things now, my life will so much harder later. Getting a really good job without a college degree is so hard these days, by the time I'm in the business world it's only going to be ten times harder. 


Confidence, determination, and acting are all important aspects of moving forward and conquering the world. You need confidence to keep spirits, with confidence you won't have much to build off of. Determination is just as importance because without determination you may never make your dreams come true. And you need to act like you have these things until they become a part of you. You aren't born confident and determined, you need to work hard to acquire these characteristics and my best advice is fake it till you make it. 

I think that this time of the school year is a perfect time for people to watch Legally Blonde because whether you want to believe it or not it is a really good movie. Maybe you think it's stupid but it's definitely something you watch and then think yeah Elle Woods graduated Harvard so I can pass my finals this next week. I can make my dreams come true because I can make anything happen in my life.

Otto and I taking a study break

Remember there are many distractions lurking around us in beautiful Santa Barbara so everyone needs to try hard to stay focused and determined and ready to slay all of their finals. If you want to read my super random post from yesterday you can do so by clicking here. And until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment