Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Here It Is Part 3






My name is Ashley and unlike my first semester here at Santa Barbara City College no one calls me princess anymore. I’ve shifted too far into adulthood to be spoiled by my parents and I pay my own bills now. Since last spring I am a whole new me, I got a promotion at work, I turned 19, I got a new cat, I took a semester off of school, I am becoming a mom (not quite done yet), and I live in a parentless household. If you’ve never read any of my blogs then you probably are confused on why these normal  things are a big deal to me. I am an adult by the law and I’m not quite sure why growing up is mandatory but it is, it’s also something I haven’t been too good at. I’ve been trying to focus on staying focused since I started college but obviously I haven’t been as focused as I’d like to be since there is an extra person living inside of me. I am open to taking on challenges and I know that I can get through some of the rougher things on my own. But don’t let this serious adult business make you think that I am no longer the fun loving awkward girl with cats, because I totally still am. And to end this long paragraph I’d to introduce you all to Lamborghini Mercy. She's a spunky little kitten who is overall well behaved but thinks its funny to steal things and give them new homes.





My main focus this semester is getting the rest of my general ed done so I can start focusing on what I'm doing with my life. I honestly have no idea what direction I'm heading in but I'm hoping that making myself finally grow up will help me make a decision in what I want to pursue. I'm really glad that I have my family to help me out and I think something everyone needs is a good support system, whether it's your family, your friends, your professors, or your colleagues. I wouldn't be anywhere without my mom's nagging or the minimum of ten phone calls I get from my sister daily, or my grandparents texting me every week to tell me they love me and making sure I'm okay. (Quick shoutout to Grandma Kim and Grandpa Monty for keeping it real). I'm really looking forward to being back in school and being an active person on campus and in the internet blogging community. A quick side note is that taking a semester off was probably the worst decision I've ever made. I got bored too quickly and I actually missed doing homework. Just in case you're considering it, I would highly suggest really evaluating all the pros and cons that go with it. School is something I thought I could live without but now I know that this is where I belong for the time being.



This semester is definitely going to be an adventure and I hope all of you will continue to read along with my exciting new journeys. This semester you'll get to hear all about my new classes, adaption into school life, juggling my responsibilities, and of course my new cat. If you want to get to know me a little better you can look back at my Fall 2014 semester or my Spring 2016 semester. I know that I've been blogging for quite a while and you would think that by now I would know how to end one of these things but here's another picture of my cat.

Mercy doesn't like when I do homework
instead of petting her

Until next time!

XOXO

Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment