Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Auntie Ashley

The first time I 
made Dj smile
Family is one the most important aspects of my life, being with everyone can make every problem in my life seem like nothing.  Most my problems revolve around school, studying and homework so I can't escape them for very long. But there is one person in particular who makes me forget about everything else in the world.



Dj's favorite past time is
complimenting me
January 31, 2013 was the best day of my life thus far. It was more important than my high school graduation, my 18th birthday and even my first day of college. That was the day Dj was born. It was an emergency c-section so I had to wait a few hours to hold him for the first time. I remember pacing the hallways waiting for his arrival and the moment I saw the nurse rolling him out of the delivery room I chased the her down to see him. The moment I saw him I started crying, I had honestly fallen in love with him. It's cheesy, I know.

That's the day I turned from plain old Ashley to Auntie Ashley, this new title holds a lot of responsibility. My sister is currently doing a study in school on why I think Dj is mine and why I would run into a burning building to save him. I think it's ridiculous that there's a study on this because the answer is so simple; Dj is mine. I could never explain why I think this, all I can tell you is I'm not a fan of kids but I'm a fan of Dj. In almost 2 years Dj has completely changed how I see the world. 


Being extremely
responsible
Growling at Auntie
Dj and I talk on the phone everyday and we see each other about once a week. His aspirations include moving in with me so we can play together and petting as many cats as he can. He likes dancing and singing; his favorite thing to sing is lalala. He likes going to the beach and visiting his grandparents. He thinks it's funny when people play peek a boo with him and he likes when people make gagging noises (I have no idea why). He's obsessed with belly buttons and likes to wear his shoes. He avidly plays the piano and likes to have jam sessions with Auntie. He's a cool dude with a BIG personality.


As I said in my intro, Dj is my mini stress reliever. I was diagnosed with depression when I was in middle school and my teenage years were especially hard. I think that Dj has been medication, he seems to know how to make me smile from the silliest things and life isn't so hard now that he's  around. I think Dj made me regain a sense of purpose and somehow made me find myself again. I mean look at him, he's a stud, he could make anyone feel better. Dj has lit up my world from the day he was born and I will forever be grateful for all the joy and love he has given me. I love you.




If you look closely you can see that Dj is treating Missy as a pillow, he shares my love for cats so since this whole post was about how much I love him I think that it would only fit that I end with his very own cat picture. Check out my last blog post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment