Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MIDTERMS!

The bridge is my favorite spot to take
  pictures and look at the ocean.
I took my first college midterm on Monday and it was probably the most stressful thing college has thrown at me. I've taken one high school midterm my senior, I had this really cool teacher Mr. Bisson who made our class have the whole college feel. It made the transition from high school life to college life a bit smoother. 

My eight grade English teacher told me I have testitis, and I feel like could possibly mean a real thing in the medical world but what she meant is I'm afraid of tests. I knew everything we were taught but the tests would completely freak me out so badly that I would forget EVERYTHING. I'm still really shaky when it comes to taking tests but through the years I've figured out how get through them.

So I get to my first midterm Monday night and I'm freaking out, I just went through work training all day and my only study time that day was the hour before class. I stayed up the night before and finished the homework and studied the best I could. I am not sure if I'm the youngest in the class but I'm definitely one of the smallest. All of the people I sit by have been in college and have gone through this all before. I barely have the confidence to wash the dishes at home, I definitely don't have the confidence to pass this test. In the end I think I got at least a C, I answered every question except one. 

Some tips I would share to first timers is:

  1.  Relax; the first test isn't as hard as it seems, if its on the review then its probably on the test.
  2. Take notes in class. It seems tedious, silly, and unimportant at the time but when it comes to the test your pointless notes you thought you would never use come in handy.
  3.  STUDY! I wish I could have studied more because it would have helped soo much. Study your stupid little notes that you made three weeks ago.
My math teacher is Dr. Monika Laskowski-Caujolle, she is the best math teacher I have ever had and she makes math so easy and kind of fun sometimes. I would definitely recommend her for anyone wanting to take Math 120.


Rather than end with a cat picture, I would like to end with this picture of my cousin Austin and my grandma and grandpa's dog Buddy. This past weekend Buddy passed away. He has been a very important part of our family the past 14 years and he'll never be forgotten. I'd like all college students with pets back home to really appreciate the time they get with them. Check out my last post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment