Thursday, February 26, 2015

Stressed, Depressed and Underdressed

I've been staring at this draft for about two days now and everyday when I come home I start to write and then erase it all. I want to be truthful and honest with you guys but I also want to be exciting or insightful and not boring. My life right now is less than satisfactory just because I feel like I have a lot going on. I can hardly keep up with myself.


My favorite thing to tell people when they ask how I'm doing is "My hair is a mess, just like my life".  I think that people have a certain expectation when it comes to me and that they think that I have my life figured out because I'm smart and I seem "organized". I'll be honest for a second or for a few paragraphs and let you know that I don't know what I'm doing with my life. School is stressful, work is stressful, and life is overall stressful. My biggest wish right now is to get a stop watch and pause everything around me so I can just try and get a few things done for a few hours. 


My whole life right now is based off of naps, I take a few naps throughout a 24 hour period so that I can be awake and semi alert while I'm at work, or doing homework, or attempting to be social. I think that since starting college I've learned the importance of naps and how even though I'm "growing up" I'm really just reverting back into myself at five years old.






I'm extremely indecisive. My major has come into major question the longer I pursue it. I like it some days and hate it other days. I don't want to waste too much of my college career learning about something I'll absolutely hate when I'm finished. I want to take a few fun classes over summer so I can really find myself and maybe tap into my creative side and see if I can figure myself out a little more.


It's pretty insane that this time last year I had to ask permission to use the bathroom but now I'm expected to have my life mostly figured out and in order. Sometimes being an adult isn't all its cracked up to be. The only cool thing is probably the fact that I can buy candy and slurpees at school, but that's a story for another day

If you're as stressed as I am then I suggest going to one of the buzz shacks around campus and ordering one of their hot chocolates. They're extremely delicious and a great study buddy. If you want to hear me whine and be ridiculous then you can read my last blog post here. Until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

P.S. These photos are throwbacks because it's Thursday and they represent times when my life wasn't stressful and filled with adult responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment