Monday, April 13, 2015

Cool College


As my first year of college is coming to an end I'm getting sort of sad. I'm no longer a young little shy fry who couldn't look anyone in the eye. I'm now confident and cool (for the most part) and I have a better idea and understanding to adult life and what I have in store for the next few years of my life. I still don't know what I'm going to do and it may be awhile before I figure it out but heres a few things I've figured out in college.


1. In the foyer between the library and the LRC there are the cool little couch chair things where you can chill and do homework. There are these little black annoying circles on them that are sort of a nuisance. If you pull up on those little things they turn out to be outlets where you can charge your phone or your laptop. Fighting for a good spot near an outlet is hard in college so that's the place to be. During finals is especially crazy, kids pile up in the aisles of the library leaning against all the books fighting for those charging stations.

College Outfit: Comfortable shirt, hopefully clean
pants, cool socks and cat shoes
2. You're considered an actual human being with feelings and stuff like that. I can never stress this enough but in high school you are treated like crap. Even if your teachers are in love with you, you get little to no respect overall. The most important thing I've learned in college is that your professors actually look at you like you're a person with feelings and it just makes you have a higher respect for school and learning. Also the bs that professors don't accept late work no matter what happened and all those other myths. If you talk to your teacher they can be more lenient with you if something really does come up.

3. EVERYONE IS NICE. Holding doors open for people is a naturally polite thing to do and I'm telling you at CC nobody will ever let the door close in your face. People are polite to each other and making friends isn't at hard as it seems. Everyone is down for a group study and people are always willing to share their notes or explain how they got their answer if you don't understand. If you're in the library and you need to pee, the person next to you will watch your stuff and probably not steal it. The key to continuation of this politeness at CC is for you to do as people do to you. If you're just as pleasant it will spread and continue for years to come.

4. Making lists makes things a lot easier and if you guys haven't noticed I make a lot of lists.


Life Update:
I had a relapse in my diet but I'm back and eating healthy again, Lilly and I decided that our cheat meals once a week always ended with us doing badly so we cut them out. We found some good workout routines that we like and we're also looking to start insanity. People I knew in high school will see me in a few years and probably not recognize me, I think that's my ultimate goal. So here's to the new Ashley. Read my last blog post here and until next time!

Fighting my love


XOXO


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment