Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Time Crunch


100% Me
Each day is getting us closer and closer to the end of the school year. That's probably the most obvious statement ever, but it's just so crazy that this time last year I was still in high worrying about prom and Mattley. It's that busy time when we're all figuring out our schedules for next year and turning in our final projects, and stressing about our final grades. As per tradition I did something completely unnecessary to end the semester rather than studying my butt off I went to Dodger game to cheer on my favorite boys. Considering the amount of homework I have it probably wasn't the best idea, but baseball booty is always worth it. 

College is the experience of a lifetime and even though it's really hard and I don't have a ton of friends I'm still really excited to be here and learning at a higher level. I'm not going to be taking summer classes so I'm ready for a nice long summer filled with sunshine and happy times. I'm always the worst person to get study advice from but this is sort of my job so let's go!

My gals and I 
1. Keep your energy up. Sleep well, as horrible as it sounds don't stay up all night trying to finish everything at once. Instead calculate your time so you can get enough sleep and have plenty of energy for the following day. You'll find that more successful studying comes from this and you'll have so much more free time for fun things. You'll be happier and healthier too!

2. I do this little thing when I do my homework, basically I'll study for 20 minutes and then spend 20 minutes doing something non educational (like cleaning my room or watching tv), then I'll do another 20 minutes of homework but of a different subject. I find that I get so much more done and I'm more motivated to get things finished. It's a really good way to do housework and school work at once. You'd be really surprised by how much you can get done in 20 minutes.

3. Exercise. This isn't exactly studying but it does help clear your mind and helps you feel less stressed. Running in the evening is my favorite time for stress relief, it makes everything feel so much smaller and not so scary. Then when you get home your homework doesn't seem so hard to face.

4. Go to a baseball game. Like maybe not literally but find a way to relax after a day or weekend of studying. If you remember last semester I went and got a tattoo right before finals. It's nice to just go out and do something silly and freeing right before something like this.

5.Take a practice quiz, see if your teacher has some handy or can give your class practice problems to try out on your own at home. If not then maybe you can make your own based off of your notes and handouts from throughout the semester. Your books can be very resourceful and hey we paid them a lot of money for these things so we might as well use them to our benefit.

I wish I could explain this but I can't
Happy last week of classes before finals week, good luck to everyone and I hope you all do well! Life Update: My life is like my hair, surprisingly organized. I've managed to get my life mostly in order and I'm happier than ever. You can read my last blog post here and until next time!!

XOXO

Ashley

1 comment: