Monday, April 20, 2015

Seeing The World

The princess arriving at her castle
If you've never watched the movie Stuck In Love then you're missing out on everything. This movie is pure genius and I seriously had to stop and reanalyze my life. One of the most important of many good quotes is this one, "A writer is a sum of his experiences. Go get some." Although I don't really see myself as a writer, this quote really hit me. Because looking back at the last year of my life I did a lot. I graduated, started college, got a job, got a blog, made new friends, went to disneyland,  got four tattoos, fell in love, fell out of love, then fell back in, cuddled with my cats, lost weight, reconnected with my dad, and became and aunt again. Those are just a few, but I want to keep the experiences coming. Because even though I'm not a writer I do come back here every week to tell you guys about my life and my shenanigans and that is technically writing. 


I started my weekend focused on the notion of going out and experiencing life and all that is has to offer. I went to go see SBCC's newest play "Dead Man's Cell Phone", I went to golf n stuff with my friends, spent time with my nephew and unfortunately went to work.

Dead Man's Cell Phone

The Stage
This play was amazing and I laughed through the entire thing, it was held in the Jurkowitz Theatre. I don't know if any of you have been down there but it's tiny and not at all what I was expecting. But it was a 6 person cast and the set design was very minimal. We sat in the second row because sitting in the first row would have made us literally be on stage. The main character Jean, played by Jenna Scanlon was hilarious and seriously one of the funniest actresses I have ever seen. I could relate to her so well because she was so awkward and timid. 

Golf N Stuff
Our cool tattoos 
I don't really want to discuss the fact that I lost, and I now hate mini golf because that course was hard and the par was always three and I feel like the par should have been at least four or five on some of them. Golf n Stuff was a spir on the moment last minute decision my friends and I made and it was so much fun. It's nice to get away from work and school and go do something fun and childlike. I killed it at pinball and got a score of 3,450,000 and overall we got 115 tickets. My friend Janin and I both have birthdays in July so we got a ring to share and then we all got cool little stick on tattoos that people kept thinking were real. 

I kind of want to spend every weekend like this because it full of fun and I had so many cool experiences and I hope that with each day I will have something to tell you guys about what I've learned or what I've come to realize. My best advice is to go out into this world and experience everything. You can read my last blog post here and until next time!

Me and Otto this morning when I woke up

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment