Wednesday, April 15, 2015

From Rabbits to Spanglish

Melanie and I
My day was rather eventful, I had planned on waking up and going to school early for some studying and going to class. Today was supposed to be average day full of average things. Instead of waking up early to do my usual morning exercise I woke up late but I had an invite to lunch and that seemed like a good sign. 

Since I was up and out early I decided that a day like today can't go wasted so I went to school early to get some work done. If you've ever been in the SBCC Luria Library then you know it's like the best study place in the world. The windows make it bright and open and there are so many seating options to choose from. Today I opted for a comfy chair and a foot rest and I spent a good hour catching up on my Spanish homework. Once I did a good amount of that I went downstairs to grab a few books on earthquakes for my math essay and went outside for some sunshine. 

My friend Valerie texted me when I was checking out of the library, she had just gotten out of class and wanted to hang out. Valerie and I have been friends since kindergarten, so it's really cool that we're going to school together still. Since we both have jobs and busy lives this was a great time to spend together and catch up. Valerie had to go to class and I still had an hour and a half left to myself.

Being a loser in the bathroom
I had planned on reading one of my books and laying out on the hill, but on my way over I ran into one of my fellow bloggers Mark and we started chatting. I forgot where I was going and ended up walking with him all the way to BC Building. Since I was there I thought I would drop in to say hi to one of my blogging bosses Melanie. She's a super cool person and if it wasn't for her and Karen I don't think I would have been so confident and ready for college and all of its twists


and turns. Melanie and I ended up heading over to Garvin Theatre and listening to my Spanish teacher lecture about language and it's distinction. Every year a faculty member is chosen to address something of their general interest of a scholarly subject. It was really cool that it just so happened to be my Spanish teacher and she did a really good job and I learned so many new things. 

He's growing on me
The lecture ended a few minutes before my class started and I made it just in time to spend a good two hours learning about asymptotes and all that cool stuff. Dr. Monika Laskowaski-Cajoulle once said, "Now let's learn how to find these damn zeros", and I have used that to broaden my knowledge of math and at the end of the day it's all about finding the zeros. 

There's no need for a life update because this basically a giant life update. You can read my last blog post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment