Monday, April 6, 2015

Summer Sesh

Got to catch up with my #1 guy
As the semester is winding down we are faced with the decisions of next semesters courses and are taking a step farther into adulthood and figuring our lives out. Will your next semester start in the fall or the summer? I've been going back and forth with myself this last week on whether I want to take a summer course or not? Do I want to wake up early four days a week for a three hour math class or do I want to sleep in and go to work whenever I need to. No school for three months presents itself with loads of possibilities. I have two days before I  can sign up for my classes and I'm so lost and so confused. 

I've decided that no matter what I decide Wednesday morning I'm going to register for Math 138 Summer Session 1, just because its the only 138 class offered and I want to hold a place for myself. Over the next couple of days I'll decide whether I really want to take the class and whether I'm willing to take on the challenge. Since I'm getting ready to register for my next two semesters, I decided I would give you all some ideas on how to enroll in your courses and how to be good at it.

I went to CSUCI over spring break
1. Don't sleep in on the day you're allowed access to your schedule. I overslept and forgot about my registration until the day after and I literally got waitlisted in every one of my classes except one. The waitlist is better than nothing but it still sucks and you still have to go into class not registered praying that your teacher will let you in. Being waitlisted for an online class is super awkward because you have to weirdly email them and be like hey can I do this with you over the internet or what. It's not fun.

2. Look up your classes in advance and find a few different schedules that will work well for you. Make sure you have time to walk and eat between classes, be realistic so you can make it on time. I was so stupid last semester and I had my English class 15 minutes after my spinning class which meant very little time for showers (I survived off of baby wipes until I had time for a shower). 

3. Don't log onto your pipeline every single day over summer just to see if something new has happened. Nothing is happening and syllabuses are usually unavailable on Moodle until the first day of class. You don't tinker with your fantasy lineup so don't tinker with your schedule.

That's pretty much all there is to registration, you're first time is always scary so it's probably best to meet with a counselor to make sure you've got what you need and you don't have shit that won't help you out.

My cat hates me
Life Update: I still am doing nothing and I'm boring and I'm sorry I've become more loserish. I did have an impromptu photo shoot with Mark and Melanie today so that was exciting. If you want to read my last blog post you can read it here, I forgot to let people know I posted so none of you have probably read it. Until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment