Saturday, February 13, 2016

Life Skills

I taught myself something new today and I am very proud of myself. This newfound skill is shaking and feeding myself a baby bottle pop with one hand and typing and continuing my work with the other. Nothing says professional adult like a bright blue mouth.  It's been rough the last few months teaching myself how to eat properly while working. I enjoy eating so much that I have walked around work trying to get from one place to another eating a bowl of cereal because I didn't want to stop eating. My bosses have walked in on more than cereal though, I get caught with tacos, BLT's, various Mexican food, and other random things I snag off the shelves.

The hardest part about my class times  being so close together is that I don't have enough time to eat as much as I want to. I run into the cafeterias at the busiest times and I usually eat my food in line while waiting to pay. I was embarrassed the first time but I'm so used to it now. The only thing that gets me through it is "well my pants are already unbuttoned I can't get any lower than that". Hopefully that doesn't get me arrested or something, no one has noticed that part yet. 

Another inconvenience is that I can't eat in my classes because of the type of classrooms I am in. In previous semesters I could get away with it because my teachers were more lenient. I tried eating in my Anthropology class the other day and I missed the whole concept of p^2+2pq+q^2=1 and there are parts on my homework the I have been staring at since Thursday. If anyone has tips on this part of Anthro 101 then plleeeasseee tell me. I've obviously learned my lesson on not paying more attention to donuts than lectures. 

Update: I'm on week 23 (6 months on Tuesday!!!) and I feel like she's moving all the time. Anyone who has seen me in real life knows that I'm pretty small vertically but my daughter is surprising long and larger than she is supposed to be so that should be interesting in 14 years when she outgrows me. 

Always watching, always judging
I am almost finished with my Library 101 class and I'm going to cover it next week so please look out for that. You can read my latest blog here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment