Friday, January 23, 2015

Coming Back Strong

Best friends since Kindergarten,
now taking on college together
I wish I could describe to all of you how much I love and enjoy college. Coming back for my first day felt like I never left. I'm so comfortable here and it's crazy how 5 months ago my life was COMPLETELY different. I'm not so much a shy fry and I kind of have an idea of what I'm doing with my life.

Being back in class was great too, I was with my favorite math teacher (I had her last semester too). Dr. Monika Laskowski is funny and down to earth and she makes math fun somehow and she just knows how to make math easy. Although I can be great at math even a whiz like me gets confused every once in a while. Last semester my math class was chill, we all became really good friends quickly and formed a bond that was beyond anything I was expecting. I miss sitting with all my friends talking about nonsense and math with Monika. This semester my math class is filled with completely different kids. They're nice but they're all engineering and science majors like myself. It's just so crazy how one math class up is completely different.

Back on the homework grind in
in the library
This semester I didn't cower awkwardly in my seat and stare at everyone like they were big mean adults who were going to eat me. Instead I actually had conversations with them and let myself be out there. When literally anyone can go online and suddenly know everything about you it's a lot easier to be cool and confident in real life. You never know who's read your blog and just happens to know that you have a weird cat obsession. 

My legs were definitely sore from all the walking, and these hills are killing me buttttt the view is totally worth it. How many other people can watch the sunset over the ocean while learning math equations? I am definitely very lucky to be at SBCC and I'm grateful for all the opportunities I've been given. 

I just like holding him
like a baby
The homework is already killing me, but it's probably killing all of us right? You can read my first blog post of the semester here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment