Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mixing and Mingling

Showing love to old friends
As I've come farther into my life as a college student/adult I've lost touch with a lot of my friends whom I graduated with or the ones that are still in high school. It's very hard to find a middle ground with people you hardly see anymore. So I recently got together with some of my old friends and brought one of my new friends into the mix. It was a great way to bring my old life and new life together. 

Although there was the possibility that everyone could hate each other, I took the chance and everything worked out really well. Everyone got along well with our new comer and acted like they'd known her forever. I guess I'm just really lucky to have such cool friends, old and new. It was really great to bring my two lives together and make them one. I remember at the beginning of my college experience talking about how awkward I was and how it's hard for me to make friends and stuff but I've someone gotten the hang of it.

Some tips on making new friends without dropping the ones you've always loved is to find a balance. Don't overly hang out with one and neglect the other. It doesn't hurt to introduce them eventually because you guys could all grow to be really good friends. Tell your old friends about your new adventures without making them uncomfortable, don't make them feel left out of your new life and don't make them think you're having more fun without them. Include them in your adventures by asking them to go along or making plans to do this new thing together. FaceTime them so they don't forget how pretty you are. Your friends pick you solely off of your looks so keep that in mind, if they forget how gorgeous you are then they'll drop you.
My super cuter valentine


I know I always start out with decent advice and then I forget I'm supposed to be serious and helpful so sorry about that. Find a balance between your new life and your old life and good luck to everyone who has midterms coming up. Study hard and if you want to read my super serious tips from finals last semester you can read them here and if you want to read my last blog post you can read it here. Until next time! 


 

 XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment