Monday, March 9, 2015

Uncertainty

Ice Cream Break
I think most would agree that there are some things that are more scary than spiders or rats. These are things we can't see or hear but mostly feel. One of the things I'm most afraid of is being uncertain. It scares me that I will never know what tomorrow will bring me or where I'm going to be in five years. My room may disagree but I like to keep my life organized and kept in routine. 

In my spinning class last semester my teacher would greet us everyday with a new quote. Each quote was similar because they each served the purpose to motivate us. To help us keep going, to help us improve, and to help us find a little piece of ourselves we hadn't quite discovered yet. 

Big surprise everyone I still don't know what I'm doing and I'm uncertain as to when I'll figure that out. The only thing I'm certain about is that I have to keep moving forward; no matter how hard school gets, or how tired I am from work. A little quote that has seriously just helped push me along is "quit pretending to hold them and start opening doors". Basically stop watching everyone around you succeed and follow their dreams while you stand there trying to figure it out. Open your doors and make things happen for yourself. Conquer this f'ing world. 

I'm kind of obsessed with myself
My best advice for uncertainty is fake it till you make it. Pretend you have your life together and things will start falling into place. Organize yourself and make a plan. I keep everything written down somewhere so I can look back and be like hey what did I do January 3? January 3rd I kissed a guy I really really like and that wasn't part of my plan but I did it and it made me overall happier.

I know I say this a lot but I am unsure of myself and to be honest I can't tell you which way my life is headed, the one thing I am sure about is that I will be successful is whatever I do because I could never let myself fail. Most of us have only been adults for a short time and we haven't seen enough of the world to make huge decisions that will ultimately change our entire lives. If anyone is lost and confused don't fret I'm right here with you. 

A really bad of picture of me and Otto
from last week

Life Update: I'm sick again somehow, but I managed to take care of myself and keep myself alive another week. That's pretty much the only exciting thing that has happened to me since I last blogged. You can see pictures of my super exciting life here and read my last blog post here. Until next time!!

XOXO 

Ashley

P.S. I've been so bad at cat pictures lately, I hardly see them and when I do I look very unkept. 




No comments:

Post a Comment