Friday, October 10, 2014

Let's Be Real

“We accept the love we think we deserve”
Be comfortable with yourself,
I look like a freak and I'm still okay
I may not be the prettiest or the smartest and sometimes I make bad decisions, but all of those are why I love being human. We get to be different from everyone else in the world. I hated myself for a long time I thought I was too ugly and too fat and too smart. I look back now and I see that by trying to hide myself I really just made myself stand out even more. About the time I was 14 or 15 I said F the baggy clothes, and screw wearing my hair in a dumb ponytail everyday.

It honestly didn’t happen all at once but once I started changing I started getting more compliments and I got noticed more. Let me tell you I loved the attention. I was born to be the center of attention, I just had to hit a bump in the road in order to realize it.

Now I’m going to address something I don’t actually ever say out loud, a topic of conversation I can’t even talk with my family about. Yes, I want to lose weight and it took a long time for me to get the motivation and really really want it. I’ve been waiting for college my entire life, it has made me grow up and change so much. Since starting the semester I’ve lost about ten pounds and I didn’t even notice until I weighed myself for a project. And even though I want to lose weight and change myself, I’m doing it out of love not out of hate. I love myself enough that I know that I deserve than to be what I am now.

It's important to stay Beyonce fierce
all the time
I think that loving yourself is something most teenagers and young adults struggle with the most. I don’t care if people think I talk too much or if my mom thinks I should do the dishes more than once every six months. I’m still going to do what I want and I don’t want to change for anyone but myself. I own like ten cats shirts and some sweaters and shoes and I will wear them everyday and you just have to deal with it.

It's okay to be silly, even
if your cat hates it
I’m selfish, I’m going to think of my happiness first because I spent a lot of time unhappy. This doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m a mean person because I do think I’m quite nice, it just means that most of the time I’m going to put myself first. This isn’t a bad thing, you aren’t living for other people you are living for yourself. Be happy, be healthy, be fierce and buy a cat 
or two. Check out my last post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment