Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tips Your Hats to Old Uncle Sam

Ladies and gents, it is not hunting season nor is it award show season. Disclaimer: It may be either of those seasons, awards shows never end and I know nothing about hunting. No folks it is voting season. I took a class my senior year, as previously mentioned here, that was called American Democracy. I learned so much about the government and the way it operates. One important thing that stuck with me was when my teacher, Mr. Bisson, lectured us about the importance of getting involved and being politically aware. I was moved by that class and it made me open my eyes to how much we can impact the outcome of our country. 

I got the opportunity to work as a poll officer this voting day (November 4), I’m so excited to vote and help other people vote. Everyone who is able to vote this year should be voting!! We as young adults are getting less and less money towards our college tuitions and financial aid. This is happening because we are not voting, the people who are voting are older than us and money for college is no longer a concern for them. Instead they are voting to have money go towards their social security and retirement. Guys honestly I don’t know about you but I want that money. 

Vote yes on cats
Although one vote alone doesn't change much, all of our votes can really make a difference. The week I turned 18 I filled out my voter registration, I was so excited. I think the only adult thing I was really ready for was voting. I would hate to be a politician and work in that field but I think it’s pretty neat that I can do my part here at home. 


Vote and vote only for the things you understand. Research what’s going to be on the ballots beforehand and make logical decisions and don’t just fill in blanks. In America right now we are getting some of our freedom taken away from us. People have our information and can invade our privacy in a few clicks. We can make changes to things like this because we are a democracy. We are in charge of our country, we can make what we want to happen, happen. You guys can read my last blog post by clicking here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment