Monday, October 20, 2014

2 Months In


I keep looking back at this photo and I don't actually think it's real but somehow it is. I know the scale has already told me this but physically seeing the difference is a whole other story. The picture on the left is August 6, a few weeks before school started and the picture on the right is October 16 which was last week. In a little over two months my body looks completely foreign to me. Clothes fit differently, I'm more comfortable and I sleep better. Fitness has become such a big part of my life in college. I take a spinning class and I'm constantly on my feet at work, and don't even get me started on all the stairs and hills at CC. 


Motivation is huge, once of the last quotes my spinning teacher gave us before going on maternity leave was, "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in the person's determination". Confidence and motivation are a huge part of my road to health. Without confidence I wouldn't be able to do it, and without motivation I wouldn't have the confidence to get it done. The amount of confidence I have now is crazy because I was already a confident person so I didn't really think that I could feel even better about myself. I almost wish that I started this sooner but I'm also glad that I've matured enough to really appreciate the hard work an commitment I've put into changing myself. 


One key thing to help control to depression is diet and exercise and this has honestly helped me tone down and be more comfortable. During high school it got so bad that I couldn't be near people, I couldn't bear to get up in the morning. I started mimicking emotions to get through the day and I just turned into a zombie. Diet and exercise has helped me feel more alive and like a real person again. It's also a hugeeee stress reliever because I have 18 units of school and I work 5 days a week and I also try to sleep and eat and make sure that my blog doesn't completely suck. 



My cats hate pictures together so they are a bit pissed

Also I'm just going to say it again I keep looking at myself because I mean look at me, I think I look great and by this time next year I honestly won't be the same person at all and that completely freaks me out but makes me really happy at the same time. Loving the way I look makes shopping a lot more fun plus I have a lot more options when it comes to getting clothes. I challenge you all to be healthier and happier because I feel great so I think we all deserve to feel great! You can read my last post here and until next time!

XOXO

Ashley

2 comments: