Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Slightly Awkward

Daniel and Valerie, two people I'm
still super close with who also
were in my Kindergarten class
I lived in a town where the people you had in your kindergarten class were probably going to be all the same people that you sit next to everyday until you graduate. I made friends when I was five and then after that I didn’t have to try so hard to be liked. But who wouldn't want to be friends with me?
Bianca and I spend our time
together watching HSM and
going to Dodger games

I wasn't ready for college. Before coming here I knew two people that were in my classes beforehand. If you’ve ever read my Instagram/ Twitter/ Tumblr bios you know that they say “almost funny and slightly awkward”. But guess what guys, it is a complete lie. I’m completely awkward, lets just rewind back to when I met Karen and Melanie at the Vaquero Welcome. They greeted me when my mom and I walked up to the table and asked if I was interested in writing a blog. And I shit you not, the only thing I did was stare at them. For a really long time. So eventually my mom speaks up, I stare at them some more and then my mom talks some more. I say like three words and BOOM two weeks later I’m a blogger. Karen remembered during the group interview how much she liked me, and heres a word of advice. When meeting strangers don’t say a word and let your mom do all the talking. And if you ever take this advice seriously maybe you should be back in high school.

Sean Paul, one of my favorites

So back to what I was saying I’m a selfish spoiled brat who loves cats way too much and I have a hard time making friends. I have a total of FOUR phone numbers from new people I just met and three of them were forced to give them to me because they are in my English writers group. 

I see people around school that know each other and laugh and talk and hang out and it makes me a little sad because all of my friends go to school at a different time then I do so I don’t get to have fun with them. I don’t want this to sound like a sob story because even though I sit alone sometimes I get to go home to my cats and my mom at the end of day so I’m not that lonely. 
And of course my two main homies

I think college is all about making new friends and being yourself and growing. So yes, I’m sorry to break it to everyone but I am not perfect. Making friends is one thing I need to work and I’ll get around to it eventually. But for now I’m sticking with my three solid friends from home and I hope everyone else is having a better time meeting new people. Check out my last post here and until next time!


XOXO 


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment