Wednesday, October 29, 2014

National Cat Day


Today is my day, literally my day. Today like defines my whole life and existence and purpose. Today is probably the second most important holiday of the year, (the most important being my birth week or Ashley Week, as it is commonly called).  I'm sad I didn't get to stay home and lay in the sun with my cats all day, but since it's almost Halloween and Coraline is a Halloweeny movie, here's a cat quote to start off with:


“What's your name,' Coraline asked the cat. 'Look, I'm Coraline. Okay?'
'Cats don't have names,' it said.
'No?' said Coraline.
'No,' said the cat. 'Now you people have names. That's because you don't know who you are. We know who we are, so we don't need names.” 



This is a quote from a kids movie and it's so powerful, we are all so unsure of ourselves but cats are so sure of themselves. They do what they want and live their lives for themselves. Us humans should take note of this and live our lives accordingly. 


Anyone who is regular reader knows that most of the time I write about my cats and share lots of cute cat pictures. I've always had cats, so my obsession grew as I got older because they were always around. I'm also someone who hates sleeping alone so cuddling with my cats at night is my favorite. Cats make the house not so empty and when you're alone in your room frustrated with your life you can scream and cry and they'll meow at you and let you lay your head on their stomach. Fun Fact: The more you talk to cats throughout their life the more social they are and the more they'll talk back.

A lot of people see cats as being independent animals who don't see us as equals but more as giant cats who they have enslaved. I think this is false because it all depends on how you raise your cats. I've trained Otto (pictured left) a lot of different tricks and commands. Cats are really cool because they are super smart and capable of learning things like using a toilet and following commands. 

I've had both of cats for a really long time, they lived through the death of my great great aunt, Jailene meeting her husband, my depression, two moves, the birth of Dj, my high school graduation, and so many more significant events. I've cycled through friends but my cats have remained a constant. Maybe it sounds lame but my cats really are my friends. They cuddle me when I'm feeling sick and sometimes they let me hold them so I can give them a hug. If a dog can be a mans best friend then my cats can be mine.

Cutest kitties in the world
So in dedication to national cat, here's to all the cool cats who sleep all day and cuddle all night. You can read my last blog post here and until next time!

XOXO 

Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment