Wednesday, September 10, 2014

MAJOR Issues

Walking across the bridge and looking out at the ocean
helps relieve the stress of my crazy schedule


I, like most people my age, have no idea what I’m doing with my life. I do have a major but I haven’t really decided what I’m going to do with it. My goal in life is to do something great, I don’t know what that greatness may be or if I’ll ever achieve but I’ll find out someday. The thing about success is that you can’t rush it. 

When I tell most people that my major is computer science they automatically think three things: that I’m a genius, that I’m crazy and why is this little girl messing with a mans major. One I am not a genius, I’m motivated. Two I am not crazy because otherwise my mom would have told me so. And three I am not a little girl messing with a mans major, I am just a vertically challenged young woman willing to break barriers.

I chose computer science for one main reason, learning is my passion. Most people have a passion for writing poetry, hockey, or Keeping Up With The Kardashians but I find learning so intriguing that I’ve decided to dedicate my life’s work to it. I feel like we’re all friends now so let me, let you in on a little secret. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT COMPUTER SCIENCE IS. 

Now you’re all probably back to the assumption that I’m crazy, but why would I want to spend the rest of my life doing something that I’m great at from the start. I want to spend these precious years in college making mistakes and learning a whole new trade. I may not know what I’m doing right now but when everything falls into place I will achieve something great.

I think the main message I am trying to convey is that nothing needs to happen right now, we always have someday. Let yourself be young, work hard and allow mistakes. But NEVER ever ever give up on what makes you happy. Be a legacy.


My favorite cat Otto and I
being as thug as we can
I feel a small little tradition here with the cat picture at the end, it allows me to show you a piece of myself. Check out my last blog post here and until next time. 

     XOXO Ashley 

1 comment:

  1. You are pretty crazy
    !! But we love you anyways :) and I know that you will achieve success with what ever you decide to do with your life, and I love the cat pictures at the end!!

    ReplyDelete